- We have a responsibility when holding and using your personal information to explain our processes in a clear manner to give our candidates, clients and suppliers an easy understanding of how their data is being used.
- What are our legal bases for processing your personal information?
- Legitimate Interests – With the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act coming into force, we have a legitimate interest to process your personal data. This also includes a third party processing your personal information – our clients. We will only process your personal information once we have ensured that our legitimate interests do not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
- What are our legitimate interests?
- Establishing that our processes are conducted in a highly compliant way.
- Inform our candidates about current vacancies we have relating to their requirements.
- Answering any requests from both our candidates and clients
- Continuing to enhance our customer service
- Consent – There will be some cases where we may ask for your consent to process your personal data. For example, we will need to gain your consent before we can send emails to you with potential job opportunity information.
- Contract – This applies to our clients and suppliers, where we have a contract with you in order to perform our services, we will need to process your personal data.
3 Your rights over your personal information
To make any requests regarding the following rights you have as an individual, you can either make a verbal or written request.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Right to Access
At any time you have the right to ask us to provide you with the information we hold about you. If we feel that we have an acceptable reason, which is compliant with the new GDPR or CCPA regulations we have the right to refuse producing you with a copy of your personal information, or particular areas of the request. If for some reason we refuse your request for personal information then we will always provide you with reasons for this.
- Right to Rectification
You have the right to have your personal information corrected if you believe that the personal information we hold on you is incorrect, incomplete or out of date. You can request that your personal information is updated or amended.
- Right to be Informed
You have the right to be informed about the how we collect and use your personal information
- Right to be Forgotten
You have the right to have your personal data removed if you no longer wish for us to use it anymore.
Once we have received your request for deletion of your personal information we have one month to respond to this request, although every attempt will be made to respond to this request immediately.
- Right to Restrict Processing
You have the right to request that your personal data is restricted or stopped from being used, in particular circumstances for example, if you believe there is a problem with the personal information we hold on you or you believe there is a problem with our processing.
Please note the right to restrict processing does not mean we have to delete your data, only that we cannot use your personal data.
- Right to Object
You have the right to object to us using your personal information, unless we have a reasonable explanation for us continuing to process your data and where your rights and freedoms are not outweighed by our legitimate interests. You have the right to object to direct marketing.
Please note that there may be occasions where restrictions apply to the above rights, if we cannot meet your request then we will always supply you with an explanation.
4 What personal information do we collect about you?
- For permanent, contract and temping candidates we will collect the following personal information about you:
- Your name, addresses, telephone numbers and personal email addresses
- Your current position and notice period
- Salary information
- Any information included on your Resume or cover letter.
- The type of roles you are interested in
- Your ideal locations and potential re-location information
- Your right to work in the US
- Whether you hold a full US driving license
- Information to support your job application
- For contractors and temps we may collect the following personal information further on into the recruitment process, for example, once you have been placed in our a role.
- Date of birth
- Emergency contact information e.g. Next of kin
- National Insurance number
- Work history and employment records
- Documents to prove your eligibility to work in the US e.g. your passport or other relevant documents as proof.
- Bank account details or other relevant documentation
- For clients and suppliers we will collect the following personal information:
- Your name, business addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses
- In certain circumstances we may perform due diligence such as credit checks on both the business and directors as well as any relevant registration numbers.
- Information supplied to us to support the recruitment process
5 What is sensitive personal information?
We will collect the sensitive personal information from all our candidates such as:
- Disabilities and medical conditions
- Criminal convictions
We may potentially ask for sensitive personal information from you for the following;
- Medical conditions and disabilities – this is to ensure that any adaptations needing to be made for either interviews or in the workplace can be made.
- We may ask for information concerning race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation to ensure that equal opportunities are being given within our client’s workplace.
- Information regarding criminal convictions in order to be able to evaluate your suitability for potential vacancies.
6 How do we collect your personal information?
- When you register with us online on our website, your information will be automatically inputted into our database, we will then check your details before it becomes stored on our database.
- We will also collect information either from job boards or referrals
- In some instances, mainly for temping roles, we will collect further information from former employers and education providers.
- We will collect information from job boards such as Indeed, Reed, Jobsite, Total jobs, Monster, Resume Library and other job boards.
7 How will we use your personal information?
- The personal information we collect from you, as stated above, enables us to be able to carry out our daily job as a recruitment agency. The following information is how we will use your data;
- In order to provide our recruitment service to you.
- In order to contact you about jobs that we think you might be interested in. We will discuss jobs, work on your behalf and send job specifications to you.
- Throughout your recruitment process with us we will send advice and guidance on interview preparation. We will only send emails regarding this if you have consented for us to do so.
- When applying for vacancies on our website or job boards, in order to send job specifications matching your requirements
- When registering with us online you can attach your Resume and / or a cover letter, after this we can send job vacancy information
- In order to maintain our relationship with you
- In order to check your eligibility to work in the United States of America
- In order to check you are fit to work
- In order to comply with the law we may need to provide your personal information to government bodies
- We ensure our database has high information security, helping to prevent illegal access into our electronic systems.
8 Who will we share your personal information with?
- In most circumstances we will gain your consent before we share your information with a third party, unless we have a legal obligation to do so in these instances we will give you reasons for sharing your information on that basis.
- Please note this applies to all permanent, contract and temp candidates.
- Our clients – we will share your name and Resume information and / or cover letter as well as your requirements such as location, current employer, reason for leaving and desired salary and other relevant information in order for our clients to choose candidates to be shortlisted for interviews. Once a candidate has been successful in their placement we will then pass across other information to our clients such as address details, email addresses, date of birth, contact numbers and references.
- We may potentially share your personal information with any companies where you are contracted to work
- The Department of Employment
- Any government bodies where we are required to share your personal information by law. For example State Courts
- We may share your personal information with other third- parties who provide particular services on our behalf for example, accounting service, invoicing services, IT support and CRM system.
- We have processes in place which align with our clients, and suppliers. This ensures that our third – parties all take the appropriate and efficient steps to ensure maximum security procedures are in place to protect your personal information.
- We never allow our third – parties to use your personal data for any other reason than what is outlined above.
9 What is your duty when informing us of changes?
- It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate.
- Please keep us informed if any of your personal information changes with us by email at email@example.com
10 When may we need to change our purpose for processing your data?
- In order for us to help you find a job, we will only ever use your personal information for this reason. To ensure our maximum compliance within the Global Privacy Laws if we do need to use your personal information other than what is set out above, we will always explain the reasoning to you.
- In the event that we are permitted by law to process your personal information, we may do so without your consent or knowledge.
11 How is your personal information stored?
- Our database is highly safe and secure as our software providers have invested in the most up – to -date security infrastructure
- When you register with us online on our website, your personal information will be inputted into our system, where we will have to check and verify your details.
- Once registered, candidates have access to their candidate portal and can change, amend, update and request their information be deleted.
12 Our data security
- In order for us to protect your personal information and to prevent it from being used, stolen, lost or acquired in an unauthorised way, we have invested heavily in our database ensuring it is safe and secure.
- Alongside this we also have processes in place outlining how we can detect, investigate and report a data breach in the event we need to.
- Our software providers use Amazon Web Service (AWS) to manage and control your personal information in the cloud, ensuring it is safe and secure by using the following;
- SAS70 Type II – Service Audit Report
- PCI DSS Level 1 – Data Security Standard
- ISO 27001 – Security Management System
- FISMA – Federal Information Security Management Act
- Our software providers host our data within the EU, ensuring it is encrypted, as well as ensuring high levels of network security including IP spoofing and port scanning.
- Our website is scanned regularly using Malware Scanning to check for any security weaknesses in order to ensure that the site is as safe as possible for our users.
- Your personal information is held behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of individuals who have special access rights to these systems. These individuals are required to keep information confidential.
- There are a variety of security measures taken when users enter, submit, or access information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- We compile data with regards to site traffic and interactions in order to offer better site experiences. Although we do not at the moment, we may in the future use trusted third-party services to track this information on our behalf.
- You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. If you need help with this then look through your browser’s Help Menu to learn how to turn cookies off.
- What happens if cookies are disabled?
- If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
- Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users.
- We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website
- Google, as a third-party vendor, uses DART cookie enables to serve ads to our users based on previous visits to our site and other sites on the internet.
- Before we send you any emails regarding potential job vacancies we will gain your consent either verbally or via email or our online registration. Once we have gained your consent, we will send over any relevant job specifications we have meeting your requirements.
- If you decide that you no longer wish to receive these emails from us, at the bottom of each email we send will be an ‘unsubscribe’ button.
- Once you have unsubscribed we will be notified and we will no longer send any further email to you.
16 How long will we use your personal information for?
- You are in complete control of your data as seen above, therefore you have complete control over whether you would like to register with us. If you decide to register with us via our website, then you have the opportunity to upload your Resume
- If you do register you will be able to amend, change and update all your preferences within your candidate portal. We will also send you emails regularly to remind you to check your details and preferences to ensure that we are only using your personal information for the reasons you wish it to be used for.
- For our permanent and contract candidates we will hold your personal information for an appropriate amount of time, from the start of your placement, unless you inform us that you do not wish for us hold your personal information.
- For our temping candidates we will hold your personal information for as long as required from the start of your contract unless you inform us that you do not wish for us to hold your personal information.
- If we do not place our permanent, contract or temp candidates we will hold your information for the appropriate amount of time unless you inform us that you do not wish for us to hold your personal information or email you with other potential vacancies.
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org